The Maple Ridge Leisure Centre (MRLC) pools are reopened September 28 with safety measures in place that align with Public Health Orders, BC’s Restart Plan and industry specific guidelines including the British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) and Lifesaving Society (LSS). The pool is currently open with registered access to length swimming, group swim, individual swim, aquafit and water walking. An update on swimming lessons is expected later in the fall.
How to Register
The current Pool Schedules are in effect starting November 1 with registration for those activities beginning October 18. Please see our registration page for the most up to date information and to view indoor pool activities that are available before November 1.
You can register for pool activities both online and over the phone (604-467-7422).
Anyone looking to register must have a PerfectMind (our registration software) account. If you do not have one you can set one up by visiting our registration website or by calling 604-467-7422.
Registered Pool Activities
May take place in either the teach or the competition pool. Lanes will be double lanes with different lanes for various speeds. You are welcome to bring your own kickboard or pull-buoy. No equipment will be available for use at the facility. Physical distancing has been taken into account when setting maximum numbers for each lane.
Group Public Swim | $22 Per Group
You and those in your bubble are able to have exclusive use of an area of the Leisure Pool to have some fun or practice your swimming skills! The area of the pool you are booking will be identified during program registration. No equipment will be available for use. You are welcome to bring your own for use in the pool. Up to 10 participants per group of your choosing.
Individual Registration - Public Swim | Regular Admission Fees Apply
You will have access to the entire leisure pool to have some fun or practice your swimming skills! No equipment will be available for use. You are welcome to bring your own for use in the pool. Physical distancing will be required between you and other registrants. All participants must be registered prior to entry.
Aquafit | Regular Admission Fees Apply
Our ever-popular, water-based fitness program is back with more options! Please refer to Aquafit schedule for program descriptions.
Water Walking | Regular Admission Fees Apply
The Leisure Pool will be available for water walking allowing those who are enjoying their fitness routine or using the water for rehabilitative activities the time and space to do so. No equipment will be available at this time. Physical distancing has been taken into account when setting maximum number for each lane.
- What happens to my Leisure Centre membership when the Aquatics area reopens?
- Do I have to use my existing Leisure Centre membership to pay for registered use of the Aquatics area?
- Why do I have to register to use the Aquatics area?
- If an Aquatics area user or staff tests positive for COVID-19, will I be notified?
- What do I do if I notice another Aquatics area user who is not following the physical distancing rules or who is displaying symptoms of COVID-19?
Helpful FAQ HighlightsWe recommend reading the full FAQ prior to your swim, but here are some helpful highlights!
- Arrive to your registered timeslot already showered with your swimsuit underneath your street clothes.
- Plan to shower at home after your swim - private showers are unavailable and there will be limited time permitted in the change area at the end of your timeslot.
- No spectators are permitted at this time. Only registered pool users will be allowed in the facility.
- Limited lockers are available - arrive with as few belongings as possible.
- Several pool amenities are unavailable at this time including the rope swing, waterslide, steam room, sauna and hot tub.
- Bring a filled water bottle from home - there is currently no access to drinking fountains.
As of March 17, all memberships were frozen as the MRLC shut down due to COVID-19. Members have the option to unfreeze their account or continue paying single admission pay as you go with their account being frozen.
- Once a membership pass holder has chosen to unfreeze their account, they cannot re-freeze it.
- You will be able to access your timeslot fifteen minutes past the start time; however, patrons that arrive after the 15 minutes will be denied entrance to the Leisure Centre and forfeit their registration.