We are ready to connect with the all the fantastic youth in our community! Over the past 20 years, PRC Youth has provided safe, fun and supervised recreation for youth 13Y-18Y along with select opportunities for preteens 10Y-12Y. We currently offer drop-in and registered programming primarily at the Greg Moore Youth Centre (11925 Haney Place) and Albion Community Centre (24165 104 Ave).
There's something for everyone!
Whether you’re interested rock climbing/bouldering, skateboarding, scootering, basketball, foosball, ping pong, billiards, air hockey, leadership/personal development, board games, Nintendo Switch or PS5...we are here to connect with YOUth!
Youth Talent Show 2023
Apply to Perform Today!
Do you have a talent you want to share with the community? Apply to perform LIVE during the 2023 Youth Talent Show on Monday May 8 at the ACT Arts Centre, which is the grand finale of our BC Youth Week (May 1-7) celebrations! This year marks our 12th Annual Youth Talent Show and we are stoked to showcase the incredible talents of youth in our community. Click here for the application form!
Applications are due by April 14 at 11:59 PM.
We're looking for folks aged 6Y-18Y who are musicians, dancers, slam poets, acrobats, actors, artists, comedians and more. If you can showcase your talent on a stage, we would love for you to apply.
- Group acts need only apply once as a group.
- Applicants will only be booked for the 2023 Talent Show upon approval and will receive a follow up from Clint Gamache (Youth Programmer) to confirm eligibility. In some cases, an in-person meeting/audition may be required.
- All acts must be family-friendly and age appropriate.
- Acts must supply their own performance related equipment (limited sound equipment provided).
- All participants must have the consent of their legal guardian to participate.
- Participants must be available for the 2023 Youth Talent Show on May 8 at 7pm live at the ACT Arts Theatre.
For more information call 604-467-7443 or email email@example.com.
BC Youth Week
BC Youth Week is a provincial celebration of youth held annually during the first week of May. It is a week of fun filled interaction and a celebration intended to build a strong connection between youth and their communities. This event is intended to highlight the interests, accomplishments, and diversity of youth across the province.
Visit their official website for more information.
Greg Moore Youth Centre (GMYC)
The Greg Moore Youth Centre (GMYC) is located at 11925 Haney Place. Parking is available on the surface lot to the east of the RCMP building on Edge Street. There is also parking available underground at 22470 Dewdney Trunk Road. We are open every day for youth 13Y-18Y for FREE*!
GMYC Hours of Operation
- Sunday - Thursday | 4:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday & Saturday | 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Visit our Hours of Operation page for Holiday Hours
FREE GMYC Drop-In Activities (during Hours of Operation)
- Youth Lounge | ping pong, billiards, foosball, games, music room (with instruments), and more!
- Active Area | gymnasium for sports, rock climbing/bouldering wall (waiver required - see below)
- Other Activities | computer lab, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 5, teaching kitchen, concession
PAID GMYC Drop-In Activities (during Hours of Operation)
- Skateboarding & Scootering | Skate/scooter* at our indoor park for just $4.10 + tax (waiver required - see below)
*Please Note: Helmets are required while skateboarding or scootering. Bring your own helmet or rent one for just $1!
In order to participate in sport and recreational activities at the GMYC, participants are required to obtain informed consent agreements from their parent/guardian once per year. Please see below if you'd like to complete the forms prior to your activities at the GMYC.
- GMYC Waiver 10Y-12Y | Click here for the form!
- GMYC Waiver 13Y-18Y | Click here for the form!
Albion Community Centre (ACC)
The Albion Community Centre is a 20,000 square foot, multi-use facility located at 24165 104 Ave beside c̓əsqənelə Elementary. Parking is available in the front of the buildings. We have FREE opportunities for youth 13Y-18Y at both facilities!
FREE ACC Drop-In Youth Activities
- Drop-In Basketball (Mon & Fri)| c̓əsqənelə Elementary Gymnasium
Join us every Monday and Friday from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM for drop-in basketball! All experience levels welcome.
More coming soon!
Drop-In Activities & Registered Programs
We have drop-in activities available for youth at the Greg Moore Youth Centre and Albion Community Centre! View each facility tabs for full details.
You can find all sorts of arts and recreation programs for youth (beyond activities at the Greg Moore Youth Centre) in our seasonal Parks, Recreation & Culture Program Guide!
How to Register
- Online registration is available 24/7
- Phone Registration is available at 604-467-7422 (Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM and Saturday - Sunday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
Rates & Memberships
Drop-In Rate for Indoor Skateboard & Scooter Park @ the Greg Moore Youth Centre
The Drop-In Rate for those who want to skateboard and/or scooter at the Greg Moore Youth Centre is $4.10 + tax.
Please Note: Helmets are mandatory when skateboarding and scootering. Rentals available for $1.00.
PRC Youth Recreation Pass
The PRC Youth Recreation Pass provides youth ages 13Y-18Y with access to our drop-in programming for an entire year for just $100 + tax! Get unlimited access to indoor skateboarding, scootering, rock-climbing/bouldering, drop-in sports and more.
How Do I Purchase My Membership?
There are three ways to purchase your membership:
- Register online
- Call 604-467-7422
- Register in-person at the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre (11925 Haney Place - attached to GMYC)
Looking for Financial Assistance and/or Recreation Support?
Visit our Recreation Access pages for more information about our available programs. Or, if you want to talk to someone in-person, visit the Greg Moore Youth Centre or Albion Community Centre during operational hours!
FREE Leadership Opportunities
When | Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Where | Greg Moore Youth Centre
Ages | 12Y–18Y
Share your ideas for the Greg Moore Youth Centre and learn about leadership, basic banking, upcoming volunteer opportunities throughout the community and so much more. You can also acquire volunteer hours while attending!
Feel free to drop by to check it out or contact Jonathan Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Resumes Due by March 30, 2023 for this Spring!
Volunteer at the Thomas Haney Action Park and/or in neighbourhood parks this upcoming spring! This program offers four leadership development training sessions providing youth with the confidence and experience to be a volunteer mentor. These training sessions focus on building leadership skills, creating ownership and responsibility, and promoting positivity. A short interview process is required prior to being accepted into the program.
For more details or to submit a resume, contact Jonathan Chambers at email@example.com.
Youth Leadership Group
Ages | 14Y-22Y
Do you want to get more involved in community initiatives? Join us! uPlan is a youth volunteer subcommittee of the Maple Ridge Youth Planning Table. The vision of uPlan is to actively engage and recognize the contributions of youth within our community. uPlan aims to promote youth voices on civic issues and community-based initiatives that nurture the mental, social, and physical health and wellbeing of youth in Maple Ridge. Send us an email UPLANRM@gmail.com or connect with us on Instagram @UPLAN.RM for more information.
Contact & Connect
- Call 604-467-7354
- Email Clint Gamache