Active Kids Club - Licensed Childcare
Welcome to the Active Kids Club Program!
The Active Kids Club (AKC) program is a licensed after school program that operates in partnership with School District 42 in local elementary schools. This program is available at Albion, Laity View, Kanaka and Yennadon Elementary.
Children in grades K-7 are provided with supervision from trained City of Maple Ridge children’s employees. Program opportunities are provided that support safe, fun, active and inclusive activities. The AKC program strives to support children with their development in play, fitness, imagination and sense of curiosity in the world around them.
The Active Kids Club program will follow all Provincial & Municipal Guidelines, WorkSafe BC requirements and aligns with School District 42 policies.
- Times | 2:20PM (school dismissal) – 6:00PM
- Locations | Albion, Kanaka, Laity View & Yennadon Elementary school
- Fee Reduction Initiative Program Cost
- Kindergarten = $14.35/per child per day
- Grade 1 to 12 years = $19.47/per child per day
Parent/Guardian Handbook: Parent/Guardian Handbook
Fee Reduction Initiative Program
The Active Kids Club Program has been approved to opt in to the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative to reduce parent fees. Parent fee reduction amounts receive are prescribed by the Ministry of Children and Family Development and are based on type of care.
Active Kids Club Subsidy
To apply for the Affordable Child Care Benefit Subsidy for the Active Kids Club, please contact us via email for more information.
Active Kids Club is an exception to the regular Parks, Recreation & Culture Refund Policy and the items identiﬁed below will be adhered to:
- No refunds will be issued for participant cancellations after the registration intake cut off times.
- Non-attendance is not accepted as a request for refund or deduction in monthly attendance fees.
Program Registration Minimums
AKC locations must maintain minimum attendance numbers to sustain the program for the remainder of the school year. This will be reviewed weekly and if a school location is not consistently operating at minimums, child care availability may be reduced or cancelled.
- Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Administration of Medical Consent*
- Medical Alert Care Plan*
- Emergency Plan Anaphylaxis*
* These forms should only be completed as needed/relevant for your child(ren).
- How do I contact the Active Kids Club program?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-467-7453.
- Does my AKC registration carry over year to year?
No, AKC provides equal opportunity for families to attain affordable childcare.
Each year, families must apply to the program and registration is secured on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Does the AKC program offer a pro-rated amount if I only need care for an hour after school?
No, the fee for the AKC program is a daily rate regardless of how long your child attends.
- Why can’t I register my kindergarten at AKC during gradual entry?
Due to the varying schedules and attendance during gradual entry we are unable to secure staffing for additional care during this time.
- How often do I need to update my Calendar Request during the school year?
Once your calendar request form is submitted updates are only needed if you plan to change the days of care needed. Changes must be submitted seasonally.
Step 1 | Calendar & Financial Information
Registration opens June 8, 2023 at 6:00AM for the 2023-2024 school year. Registration is first come first serve and space is limited.
We will no longer be accepting registration for the Albion, Laity View & Yennadon AKC locations for the 2023-2024 school year.
We recommend you complete all registration documents on a desktop computer where possible for ease of use.
- Complete AKC Calendar Request Form for each individual child:
- Upload Visa or Mastercard information on City of Maple Ridge Online Registration account
- How to Add Finance Information to your Online Registration Account:
- Navigate to cityofmapleridge.perfectmind.com
- If you have not registered with us before, click Signup
- If you have registered before enter your email and password. If you are having trouble logging in to your online account please reach out to our registration team at email@example.com or 604-467-7422. Do not create a new account as it will not be linked to any of your existing information or registrations.
- Once you have logged in click on your name in the Client List. Finance info is attached to the card holder and not the child.
- Scroll down to Finance Info and click the + New button.
- Toggle Default on so we know this card is to be used as the default finance information on your account. Input your Credit Card details completely. Please note we do not accept EFT as a method of payment, only Visa or MasterCard.
- Click Save.
- Submit completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org (one email per family)
Step 2 | Registration Waiver
Active Kids Club supervisor will contact you to review submitted AKC Calendar Request form.
AKC supervisor will then send registering parent/guardian Registration Forms that must be completed.
Step 3 | Confirmation
Once all the forms and payment information is submitted, you will receive an email receipt from Registration with all the dates registered. You will also receive an email from the AKC team with program information. Please wait until you receive confirmation from the AKC team prior to attending.
AKC program registration is processed seasonally. Changes to registered dates are accommodated based on space in the program, ratios and staffing. Cut off dates are assigned each season. Please see the cut off dates, after cut off dates’ changes are not accommodated.
- Fall season (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2023) must be made by | August 3, 2023
- Winter season (Jan, Feb, Mar 2024) must be made by | December 7, 2023
- Spring Season (April, May, June 2024 + July *Kanaka) must be made by |March 7, 2023