Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Building Communities with Festivals and Events
Deadline: November 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Deadline: April 15, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Please ensure the above documents are attached to this application
1. The Society is responsible for scheduling all facility and equipment needs in accordance with Parks and Leisure Services Fees and Charges Policy.
2. There will be no charge for use of the Parks, Recreation & Culture festival equipment, such as the water unit and electrical panels. However, the cost to transport any equipment to or from the festival site is the responsibility of the festival group. Staff support can be requested for these tasks and the cost will be the responsibility of the festival.
3. It is the event organizer's responsibility to make all arrangements for portable washroom facilities, if required. Event organizers should not rely solely on adjacent community centres for washroom facilities.
4. The park site or facility will be found in a clean and tidy condition in preparation for the festival. The festival group is responsible for leaving the site in the same or near to the same condition it was provided in.
5. The electrical needs of the festival will be met to the best ability of the site it is located at. Additional electrical requirements are the responsibility of the group. Electricity and gas costs that are particularly high may be billed back to the festival group. If this requirement is in effect, it will be noted in advance in a fee-for-service or rental agreement.
6. Event organizers are required to submit event information into the online Event Calendar in order to promote the event and to notify the community of your happening. A link to this calendar can be found at mapleridge.ca/parksandrec
NOTICE: Personal information requested on this Special Events Application is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 165, as amended. Unless otherwise specified, the information gathered will be used by Maple Ridge Parks, Recreation & Culture for processing the event approval. Questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of this information should be directed to the FOI Head, Clerk's Department, City of Maple Ridge, 11995 Haney Place, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 6A9, 604-467-7482.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field