APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO APPLIED, SUCCESSFUL HIRES WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY.
The City of Maple Ridge is currently looking for workers to join the election team for the Local General Election on Saturday, October 15, 2022 as well as working at advance voting days on October 1, 5, 8, 11, 12, and 13, 2022.
- Be legally entitled to work in British Columbia;
- Be fluent in English, other languages an asset
- Be responsible for their own transportation to and from the voting station;
- Not be related to any candidate running for office in the general election; and not be actively working for any election campaign or any candidate; and
- Be willing to comply with all Voting Station, City, Provincial and Federal health and safety regulations in place at the time of voting (including wearing a mask if required).
- Must be available to attend a mandatory training session between September 15th -30th.
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills required;
- Computer knowledge and ability will be a requirement for most of the positions
- Election Officials
- Election Supervisors
Getting ContactedWe are unable to respond to every applicant due to the high volume of applications received. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted starting in August 2022.
Working during advance voting and on election dayYou must be available to work election day on Saturday October 15, 2022. Advance voting is optional and applicants can provide their advance voting availability in the application.
CompensationYou will be required to submit a void cheque and a direct deposit form. You will be paid on Friday, November 4, 2022 by direct deposit payment. Please note that if you work the election, 10% income tax will be deducted and a T4 slip will be issued next February and mailed to your address on file. If you work over 35 hours, source deductions including CPP, EI will also be deducted.
How to applyApply online using our career portal. Everyone who applies for a position with The City of Maple Ridge is required to complete an online application.
Apply Now11995 Haney Place
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 6A9