Application Forms & Procedures
How to Make a Planning Application
- A Pre-Application Meeting is generally required prior to submitting a Development Application. Please submit the Pre-Application Meeting Request Form (PDF) by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting it to the Planning Front Counter at City Hall. Planning staff will review your application, provide an invoice for the Application Fee (payable online), and arrange for an appointment to review the development proposal with the applicant.
- For more complex pre-application discussions, Planning staff may request that you submit a Land Use Inquiry (Land Use Inquiry Guide and Application form) (PDF)
- When a development proposal requires more than one application (e.g., rezoning, subdivision, development permit, variance permit, etc.), all the pending applications, drawings and reports must be submitted within one year from the date Council grants First Reading to the rezoning.
- For further information, refer to the Development Procedures Bylaw (PDF).
- Link to the Community Amenity Contribution (CAC) Program Policy (PDF)
Print Planning Application form and Ministry of Environment Site Profile.
- Application Form (PDF)
- Application Form Agent/Owner Change (PDF)
- Consent Form (PDF)
- Site Disclosure Form (Ministry of Environment) or link to Ministry website
- Noxious Weeds Form (PDF)
- Application Fees - Effective Sept 1, 2021
- Land Use Inquiry Guide and Application (PDF)
- Zoning Information (PDF)
- Minimum Lot Area and Dimensions (PDF)
- Development Sign Specifications and Layout (PDF)
- Development Information Meeting (DIM) policy and sign sample (PDF)
- Development Cost Charges (PDF)
- Greater Vancouver Sewerage and Drainage District Development Cost Charges (PDF)
- School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows) School Site Acquisition Charges (PDF)
- Regional Transportation Development Cost Charges (PDF)
Select and print the application type that corresponds to your development proposal:
- Schedule A - Official Community Plan Amendment (PDF)
- Schedule B - Rezoning for Single Family (PDF)
- Schedule C - Rezoning for Other than Single Family (PDF)
- Schedule D - Development Permit (PDF)
- Schedule E - Development Variance Permit (PDF)
- Subdivision Including Phased Strata (PDF)
- Schedule F - Watercourse Protection Development Permit (PDF)
- Schedule G - Natural Features Development Permit (PDF)
- Schedule H - Temporary Use Permit (PDF)
- Schedule I - Rezoning (Bylaw First Reading Only) (PDF)
- Schedule J - Wildfire Development Permit (PDF)
- Development Permit (Intensive Residential Development) (PDF)
All applications must be submitted in accordance with the applicable checklist found below. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Development Permit and Development Variance Guide (PDF)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Checklist (PDF)