The City’s Business Planning process links Council's vision to budgets and business plans to make sure our efforts align with Council direction. Regular performance reporting is a key part of this process, holding the City accountable to citizens, businesses and community groups.
A selection of the performance reports are included in the Progress Report section of the Annual Report, a print-format document. The full Annual Report is available and includes financial statements.
Council Strategic Plan
The 2023-2026 Council Strategic Plan for Maple Ridge, adopted unanimously on May 9, 2023 , outlines the council’s collective focus and priorities for the next four years. The Plan provides a mission, vision, and core values to guide the overall approach, and sets out strategic priorities with related strategic goals.
Council has identified the following strategic priorities:
- Liveable Community: This priority focuses on building Maple Ridge into a community that caters to the diverse needs of residents, businesses, and other stakeholders through community planning, transportation, and infrastructure services.
- Climate Leadership & Environmental Stewardship: This priority emphasizes the value of natural infrastructure and its benefits in reducing climate impact. It includes active planning to mitigate and adapt to the impacts of climate change as the community grows, pursuing the growth of green industries, and adopting promising practices and innovation.
- Engaged, Healthy Community: This priority aims to provide dynamic public spaces for residents to engage with their community and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Diversified, Thriving Economy: This priority is focused on diversifying the local economy and ensuring it thrives.
- Governance & Corporate Excellence: This priority is about ensuring excellence in governance and corporate practices.
The City surveys our citizens every three years to obtain their views on strategic direction, and on their satisfaction with City services. The Community Survey provides valuable citizen input into both strategic planning and service delivery assessment.
Occasionally, the City must report out on specific information to be compliant with third party organizational requirements.
Strategic Community Investment Funds (SCI) delivers funding to local governments under the existing Small Community, Regional District and Traffic Fine Revenue Sharing grant programs. SCI Funds Plan and Progress Report - 2014 (PDF)