256th Street and Lougheed Lands
In 2017, two areas were brought forward for Council consideration based on their proximity and potential to expand existing areas of employment in the City:
- Area 1: 256th Street Lands
- Area 2: Lougheed Lands
In early 2017, a public consultation process was completed to discuss the employment land redesignation opportunities with the community. It included four focus group sessions with local land owners and area residents, a city-wide public open house on February 6, 2017 as well as an online survey.
The outcome of the open house and questionnaire were presented at Council Workshop on May 2, 2017 (available in the video archives), where Council directed staff to move forward with amending Official Community Plan Amending Bylaw for Area 1: 256th Street Lands and preparing Official Community Plan Amending Bylaw for Area 2: Lougheed Lands.
- May 2, 2017 Staff Report (report only) (PDF)
- May 2, 2017 Staff Report (with attachments) (PDF)
- May 2, 2017 Presentation (PDF)
Staff submitted two draft OCP Amending Bylaws for Council consideration at the June 27, 2017 Council meeting (available in the video archives).
- Staff report (PDF)
- Bylaw No. 7299-2016 (PDF) (Area 1: 256 Street Lands) introduces an Industrial Reserve designation for the lands around the existing 256th Street Industrial Area as well as a number of other housekeeping amendments. This Bylaw received second reading at the June 27, 2017 Council Meeting.
- Bylaw No. 7335-2017 (PDF) (Area 2: Lougheed Lands) proposes Industrial (Business Park category), Commercial and Rural Residential land use designations. This Bylaw received first and second reading at the June 27, 2017 Council Meeting.
Both Bylaws were forwarded to the July 18th Public Hearing. The Public Hearing is the opportunity for anyone who feels affected by a particular Bylaw to be heard before Council on matters contained in the Bylaw. The July 18, 2017 presentation and public comments are available on a recording in the video archives.
Following the Public Hearing, both Bylaws were considered by Council at the next Regular Council Meeting, which was held on July 25th, 2017. The recording of the Council Meeting is available in the video archives. On July 25th, 2017 both OCP Amending Bylaw No. 7299-2016 and No. 7335-2017 received third reading.
Both OCP Amending Bylaw No. 7299-2016 and No. 7335-2017 were considered for final reading and adopted at the September 12, 2017 Regular Council Meeting. The recording of the Council Meeting is available in the video archives. The City of Maple Ridge’s online mapping software now reflects the changes made to the OCP land use designations.
- December 5, 2016 256 Street report (PDF)
- October 17, 2016 Industrial Viability report (PDF)
- September 19, 2016 Suburban Residential report (PDF)
- April 18, 2016 Land Use Assessment report (PDF)
- August 25, 2014 Report - Council Endorsement (PDF)
If you have questions, please contact the Planning Department: