Moving Your Business

Transfer of Business

Business licences are not transferable. Any person who acquires a business or a controlling interest in any business from any person licensed under the Business Licensing and Regulation Bylaw (PDF) shall make application for a new business licence. It is the responsibility of the previous owner to close his/her account with the City of Maple Ridge by completing a Business Closure Form (PDF).

Moving Your Business

If you are moving your business to another location in the City of Maple Ridge, a new Business Licence Application (PDF) must be completed and submitted to the  Bylaw, Licensing & Community Safety Department. If the applicant holds a current business licence and is a home-based daycare or commercial business, a transfer fee of $50.00 must accompany the new application. If the applicant does not have a current City of Maple Ridge business licence, the minimum licence fee of $110.00 must accompany the application. Applications can be found online or at the Bylaw, Licensing & Community Safety Department front counter.

Business Name Change

If you are changing the name of your business, please complete the Business Licence Name Change Form (PDF) and submit it to the  Bylaw, Licensing & Community Safety Department.