Group Fitness Classes
Outdoor Group Fitness Classes start July 6!
Parks, Recreation & Culture staff are excited to be offering Outdoor Group Fitness classes! By providing registered classes, increased physical distancing, and increased disinfection practices, PRC staff have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan that allows our community to safely return to group fitness to pursue your wellness goals.
We have implemented new practices and procedures to ensure that our patrons, staff and community are safe. We are following the guidelines and recommendations set out by the Provincial Health Officer, our local healthy authority, BCRPA and Worksafe BC.
Have ideas or questions? Contact us via email!
|Day of the Week||Class Format||Time|
|Monday||Yoga||10:00 AM - 10:45 AM|
|10:15 AM - 11:00 AM
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM
|Wednesday||Yoga||7:00 PM - 7:45 PM|
|Thursday||Spin||7:00 PM - 7:45 PM|
|Friday||Power Sculpt||9:00 AM - 9:45 AM|
|Saturday||Zumba||10:00 AM - 10:45 AM|
How to Register
To register for an outdoor Group Fitness class please register online or call our registration line at 604-467-7422. You may register up to three (3) days in advanced of your preferred class.
Anyone looking to register for a fitness class must have a Perfect Mind account. If you do not have one you can set one up by visiting www.mapleridge.ca/1484 or calling our registration line at 604-467-7422.
As of March 17, all memberships were frozen as the MRLC shut down due to COVID-19. Members have the option to unfreeze their account or continue paying single admission pay as you go with their account being frozen.
Please be aware of the following:
- Once a membership pass holder has chosen to unfreeze their account, they cannot re-freeze it.
- If you choose to unfreeze your account you will be required to pay a $5 deposit at the time of the unfreezing. The $5 will be held on your account. Should there be a time where you register and do not show up for your timeslot, the City of Maple Ridge will clear your account of the $5 deposit. A $5 deposit will need to be paid prior to registering for another timeslot.
If patrons choose to continue freezing their account and pay-as-they-go for the registered group fitness classes, the admission rates, including GST, are below.
- Adult: $6.00
- Youth: $4.10
- Senior: $4.10
- What if I have a membership and want to sign up for Outdoor Group Fitness?
- Do I have to use my membership to pay for Outdoor Group Fitness?
- Why do I have to register for Outdoor Group Fitness instead of dropping in?
- How have Group Fitness classes changed to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19?
- What do I need to bring to my registered Outdoor Group Fitness Class?
- Yoga: Enjoy a serene outdoor setting while you practice Yoga. This practice promotes breathing techniques, mindfulness and gently increases flexibility. Each pose complements the next and the entire body receives a deep and balanced stretch.
- Zumba: Get ready to have fun, sweat, and dance to the beat! Zumba is a total body workout that combines cardio dance moves to fun and exhilarating music. No prior dance experience is necessary.
- Power Sculpt: Target all major muscle groups through a sculpting class that builds muscle, strength, and endurance by combing strength and cardio exercises that will elevate your heart rate. Lower impact options and modifications always offered.
- Spin: Cycle to the beat with fun drills. A spinning workout incorporates short intervals or all-out effort with periods of recovery. Great for cardiovascular endurance and strength. All riders welcome as tension can be individualized. Class will run outdoors rain or shine.
- Low Impact: A complete body workout focusing on low impact movements through movement to music. Strength movements will be incorporated through body-weight exercises or the optional use of a chair. Exercises are completed at your own pace and impact.