Municipal Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness
Now accepting nominations for the 15th Annual Accessibility Awards!
The Municipal Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness is seeking nominations for individuals and organizations that have improved access and inclusion for all people in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. Nominations close May 7, 2018. The Accessibility Awards ceremony will be on May 28, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. at the Pitt Meadows Seniors Centre,19065 119B Avenue, Pitt Meadows.
Submit your nomination online or email Petra Frederick.
About the Committee
The Municipal Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness (MACAI) advises Council on the enhancement of accessibility and inclusivity for present and future citizens. MACAI strives to remove the social, physical and psychological barriers that prevent people from fully participating in all aspects of community life. The committee's focus is to create equal access in the areas of employment, education, housing, transportation and recreation. Projects include sensitivity training for municipal staff and residents to create a greater awareness regarding accessibility issues, public facility design consultations and an annual award program.
- MACAI typically meets on the third Thursday every second month at 4:00 pm in the Blaney Room, Maple Ridge City Hall.
- Committee Bylaw (PDF)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available upon approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
The Committee is made up of representation from:
- City of Maple Ridge Council
- City of Pitt Meadows Council
- School District No. 42
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Ridge Meadows Association for Community Living
- Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Family Education and Support Centre
- Service Provider - Poverty Reduction
- Maximum Eight Members at Large from Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows
- Fraser Health
- Ministry of Social Development and Innovation
- Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Community Services
- BC Special Olympics
- Ridge Meadows Seniors Society
- LGBTQ2S Community
- Youth Members from Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows
We'd Love to Hear From You!
Do you have an idea or concern regarding accessibility in our community? Our meetings are open to the public. Come out to a meeting to learn more about the work of the committee and provide your point of view. Or email your idea or concern directly to Petra Frederick.
BC Opportunities Fund
The Opportunities Fund Program is a financial assistance program designed to assist persons with a disability obtain employment.
Tel: 604-463-5221, ext 5279
Apply to this Committee