Audit & Finance Committee
About the Committee
The responsibilities of the committee are to:
- meet with the external auditors appointed by Council to satisfy itself, on behalf of the Council, that
- Maple Ridge has implemented appropriate systems to identify, monitor and mitigate significant business risks
- Maple Ridge has implemented appropriate systems of internal control to ensure compliance with legal, ethical and regulatory requirements and that these systems are operating effectively
- Maple Ridge has implemented appropriate systems of internal control to ensure compliance with its policies and procedures and these systems are operating effectively
- Maple Ridge has implemented appropriate systems of internal control over financial reporting and that these systems are operating effectively
- the annual financial statements are fully presented in all material respects in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, the selection of accounting policies is appropriate and the annual financial statements should be approved by Council
- the information contained in the annual report and other disclosures is accurate, complete and fairly presents the financial position and the risks of the organization
- the external audit function has been effectively carried out and any matter that the external auditors wish to bring to the attention of Council has been given adequate attention
- review interim financial reports as deemed appropriate by the Chair of the committee
- recommend to Council the reappointment or appointment of external auditors
- inquire into any matters referred to it by Council
The Maple Ridge Audit & Finance Committee meets at least two times per year to review the annual financial statements and reports.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available upon approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
The committee is composed of all members of Council.
Email Catherine Nolan
Tel: 604-463-5221, ext 7468