Material on the District of Maple Ridge website is intended for research purposes and private use only. Any re-use, transmission, duplication or distribution without the express written permission of the District of Maple Ridge is not allowed. Written requests will be evaluated by the District using the website content use policy (see below).
The District website is not an official statement of District policy, bylaws, practice, procedure or services, and may not be used as such. It is intended only to give general information about the District.
While reasonable efforts are made to post only accurate information, the District cannot and does not guarantee that the information posted is current or correct. The District does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on its website.
The District's website may contain links to other Internet sites. Such external Internet sites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of the District. The District does not endorse, approve, certify or control external Internet sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness efficiency, timeliness or correctness of the information located at the sites. Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the District.
Communications made through this website's email and messaging system are for convenience only and shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the District or any of its officers, agents, agencies, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of actions or for any other purpose.
All comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information disclosed or offered to the District by this site, or in response to solicitations from this site (collectively, the "Comments") shall remain the property of the District. None of the Comments shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the District and the District shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of the Comments. Without limitation of the foregoing, the District shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the Comments of every kind and nature throughout the world and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Comments for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Comments.
Website Content Use Policy
The District is committed to ensuring that the Maple Ridge website (www.mapleridge.ca) is content rich, and provides useful, quality content. The District shall:
- Make reasonable efforts to keep material on the District of Maple Ridge website current, but can give no assurances in that regard.
- Post this policy on the District's common network drive so that it is accessible to all employees.
- Provide a link to this policy from the footer which appears on all pages of the District of Maple Ridge website to an electronic copy of this policy so it is accessible from every page of the Maple Ridge website.
The material posted to the Maple Ridge website is placed in the public domain as a community information service for use by residents, students, tourists and businesses.
Conditions of Use
The use of photos, graphics, and text appearing on the Maple Ridge website is subject to the following conditions:
- May be used by others on their own website if:
- It would bring positive attention to Maple Ridge and enhance awareness of the District's social, environmental or economic objectives.
- Promote Maple Ridge as a destination of choice for working, living or playing.
- Have potential value to the community as a whole.
- Shall be limited to use in public areas of the other website only (i.e. use of material in member-only or restricted areas of a site is prohibited).
- Shall be periodically checked on the source material on the Maple Ridge website, so that any updates made by the District of Maple Ridge are also incorporated into their website.
- Does not constitute endorsement of the other content on their website by the District of Maple Ridge.
- Use of photos, graphics:
- Shall only appear in areas of the other website which relate directly to the District of Maple Ridge and shall not be used in generic banners, advertising or other non-Maple Ridge related sections of the website.
- Shall reference the source of the photo or graphic by including the following statement, "Photo(s) (and/or graphic(s)) used with the permission of the District of Maple Ridge".
- Shall not be altered or edited in any way other than resizing of the whole image (i.e. cropping, stretching, or other forms of digital or manual manipulation are not permitted).
- Shall not use the District of Maple Ridge logo or coat of arms without written permission from the District of Maple Ridge.