New To A Class?
Beginners are always welcome! Stop by 15 minutes before the start of class to introduce yourself to the instructor and they can help you prepare for class.
Looking for other activities that Maple Ridge Parks, Recreation & Culture has to offer? Visit our Facility Schedules page.
- Room temperatures may vary, please bring layers of clothing or a blanket for yoga classes if you get cold easily.
- Please note that class formats have maximum participation levels according to BCRPA standards.
- All class formats are first come first serve. Classes may have maximum participation numbers for safety and everyone’s enjoyment.
Cycle Classes (First Come, First Serve Basis):
- Morning Ride & Cycle - focus on cadence, climbs and sprints to improve endurance and strength.
- Interval Cycle - Push your fitness to another level through timed intervals of high intensity alternated with periods of recovery.
Super Cycle- The goal of this ride is to build leg strength, while focusing on maintaining a challenging cadence and resistance on hills. This interval class is sure to burn up those calories!
Cycle Fit- The class focuses on aerobic endurance conditioning and aerobic interval training, with breif, high intensity bursts that push your heart past your anaerobic threshold.
- Beginner Gentle Spin - A slightly shorter, less intense spinning class geared towards beginners or seniors who would like to improve their cardiovascular fitness.
- 20/20/20 - Burn fat and bust calories! Sweat through 20 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of strength training, and 20 minutes of stretching and core work.
- Low Impact - Work out to music from the 50’s to 80’s at a decreased pace/impact than traditional classes to protect joints! Also a great option for those new to fitness or if you are pregnant looking to take a class.
- Muscle & Conditioning - Develop and increase your strength, range of motion and make your muscles look and feel better.
- Complete Core - Challenge core & stability muscles in this class using an exercise ball, light weights and resistance tubing.
- Dance Cardio Fit - Get moving! No dance experience necessary, this is all about FUN. High energy beats and a light atmosphere will help you work up a great sweat.
- Total Body Sculpt - Sculpt your way through a combination of cardio drills, resistance training and more.
- Yoga - Get a great stretch while building core strength. Relax your body and mind in Hatha and Flow postures.
- Chair Functional Movement - This class targets all major muscle groups and is almost impact free! This is an excellent routine for anyone of any fitness level or age.
- Chair Yoga - For anyone who wants a gentle form of yoga for improved physical and mental fitness.
- Healthy Bones Chair Fitness - If you are new to fitness or just want to get moving this is a great chair/standing class for boomers and beyond.
- 50+ Functional Movement - An integrated strength training class that focuses on balance and stability.
- Tone, Strength & Stretch - This gentle class improves balance, strength, coordination, flexibility and fall prevention.
- Zumba Gold - Upbeat rhythms and music this dance-style class creates a fun, engaging and dynamic work out.
- Dancercise - This class is a combination of cardio, choreography and flexibility all while dancing to your favourite music!
- Cardio Kick Blast - A fusion of boxing, martial arts and aerobics, this class will keep you moving and motivated!
- Dance Zumba - a combination of latin music and dance themes this class creates a fun and dynamic workout that is fun and easy to do!